The number of solutions and apps available grows daily. Navigating which one is the best is very confusing. Below is our latest list.
If you are interested to learn more and see many of them action please join the PME course on ICT for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation being held in Bangkok from the 22 to 26 March 2021.Full details are here https://ictpme.com/
For mobile data collection we have:
- Command Mobile is a free tool for mobile surveys, onsite inspections and field surveillance.
- Data Winners is a paid for mobile data collection and communication service.
- Epicollect is a free system where data is collected using multiple devices and all data and viewed on a central server.
- KoBo Toolbox is a free open-source tool for mobile data collection.
- ODK Collect is free and an easy way to collect data of all types.
- UDACAPI a flexible system with many options.
- Ona is a paid for platform.
- PoiMapper is a paid for app enables field workers to collect, update and share field data.
- ViewWorld allows dynamic data collection and organization by project grouping.
- CommCare enables organizations to create and deploy mobile apps for frontline workers.
- Fulcrum App is a mobile form platform.
- Magpi is a data collection and messaging application with rich functionalities to address field data collection and broadcast messaging needs, with both free and paid subscription levels.
- Activity Info for data collection and reporting on activities which are dispersed but has a high cost
- AkvoFlow is a paid for data collection tool for collecting, evaluating and displaying any quantity of geographically referenced data.
- TaroWorks enables organizations working in remote areas to manage data and field operations in real-time.
- iFormBuilder is a mobile data collection platform offering advanced form building on iOS and Android devices.
For GIS we have:
- Google My Maps to create and share custom maps.
- QGIS a popular free solution.
- Carto a cloud computing platform that provides GIS and web mapping tools for display in a web browser.
- GIS Cloud is a web based platform for delivering simple and easy to use geo applications.
- Mango an online GIS tool that allow users to create fully featured web maps in minutes.
- ArcGIS Online a cloud-based mapping and analysis solution. Collector.
- MapInfo Pro is a desktop geographic information system software.
- Ushahidi allows users to receive reports with automatic alerts from many sources including SMS.
To analyse data and visualise we have:
- DHIS 2 is a open source software combining data capture with data visualization.
- Microsoft Power BI a powerful and popular system that works very well with excel.
- Tableau Public is part of Tableau a popular data analysis tool.
- DataHero’s focus is on data visualization, such as charts, pivot tables, and live dashboard productions.
For on line surveys we have many and includes:
- Typeform is an online survey software with a very user-friendly interface that allows users to put surveys together themselves
- Survicate allows users to trigger targeted surveys across various locations of their website.
- SurveyMonkey a well-known online survey software and questionnaire tool
- SurveyGizmo similar to SurveyMonkey.
- Crowdsignal allows users to conduct surveys by embedding surveys on their website or inviting respondents via email.
- Google Forms is a free online survey software and questionnaire tool that allows its users to quickly and easily put together surveys via a drag & drop interface.
- GetFeedback users can easily build branded surveys.
- Pulse Insights uses a a micro survey platform collecting data in a very simple manner.